Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hello

Hello,

Thoughts of a girl. That girl is me, I have so much on my mind recently and I find the best way to get rid of them and sleep better at night is to write them down. So here I am, writing down my thoughts for the whole world to see.

Recently I thought, 'I wonder if you can eat Weet-Bix with a fork'. I haven't tried it yet but I am going to assume that you can so long as it's not too soggy. For those of you that don't know, Weet-Bix is a wheat breakfast cereal that is popular here in New Zealand and (I think) Australia. You can eat in any way you want, with cold milk and sugar/fruit, hot water and sugar or hot milk and sugar. It is very nice and quite filling.

I usually have other random thoughts that run through my head, honestly it's like watching a headless chicken run around. I guess in some ways it's quite funny. I think I heard somewhere that you have a thousand thoughts per minute run through your head, however I'm not sure about the time on that fact. I can never remember the amount of things like that.

Sometimes I wonder why there is so much drama and violence around the world, but it also occurs to me that the human race is rather destructive. Hardly anything positive on the news these days.

Back to the breakfast thing. The company that makes Weet-Bix also makes my favourite savoury spread called Marmite. It's so much nicer than its Australian counter-part Vegemite. I used to have it on toast for breakfast every morning and occasionally on crackers with margerine. However the factory that makes the spread is located in Christchurch and I haven't had Marmite in about three years or so due to the fact that Christchurch has had so many earthquakes, major and minor which prevents the factory from getting back up and running when they expected it to. It is rather disappointing for me as I no longer have my favourite spread. The Marmite in New Zealand is different in taste compared to the British stuff, I should know as we have a jar of the British stuff in the cupboard. If I remember correctly it is called Our Mate.

I should be going now but I will update at least once a week, twice a week if you're lucky. Anyways TTYL.

Ciao,
Claudia

1 comment:

  1. A good start, though I must admit that British marmite from my youth was far better than any you get in New Zealand.

    In Britain Weet-bix are called Weetabix and are scrummy too. What I like here is all the different things you can get that are not available in NZ like Mars bar car or was that biscuits...must send you some photos

    ReplyDelete